Honest blogging - Godly May







Dear Reader,
 
Welcome to the month of May! This is the very first post to be published on this blog and I am so grateful that you are starting this journey with me!

One might ask what is the need for blogging especially in 2020 and I would say:

1. Firstly, I am an ardent believer in being self-aware as well as conducting continuous and critical self-analysis. As human beings, we are on a continuous journey of growth and evolution. I am not the same person as I was when I was 20. My mindset/beliefs, skills, educational status, fears amongst others have all changed over time and for the better if I may say so myself. Also, the fast-paced, competitive (almost robotic) noisy environment we live in filled with goals and deadlines to meet, the mental stress and so many other pressures we face do not let us take a step back and breathe.

I believe Technology by way of blogging is an advanced way to keep a journal, tell one's story and a fantastic way to relax and breathe (Deep sigh....). The art of keeping diaries/keeping journals is one that has been lost over time especially with the disruptive presence of the internet and the picture-oriented social media channels that come along with it. I remember seeing one of my big cousin's writing in her Diary which was already half-way full and it made no sense to me as a teenager. I remember her telling me she had religiously kept a journal since she could write up until that moment and I was in awe of her dedication to writing 'unnecessary' things. Little did I know I was going to champion her cause down the line. Voila, Mind Evolution!

There are a plethora of interesting articles on keeping journals on the internet. This article https://www.daylitude.com/why-tony-robbins-believes-your-life-is-worth-recording/by dailytude titled "Why Tony Robbins thinks your life is worth recording" may be a starting point on your journey to discover the power in keeping a Journal. 

2. I aspire to be a best-selling author (currently working on this). Consistently blogging, I believe, would help me to overcome writer's block while unburdening my mind at the same time. It would also help in honing my writing skills as well as in improving my diction. Perseverance, consistency and dedication are also a few other things I believe blogging consistently would do for me.

3. Additionally, I love learning! Writing a blog post to be read by others is no easy feat. it would require verifying one's information, conducting research as well as editing grammatical errors. This would set me on the path of learning new things and unlearning old things.


For instance, in writing this blog post, I confidently thought "unburdening" as I wrote above was spelt "Unbundling". Upon checking this on google, it further dawned on me how much more I needed to learn and unlearn! we all do! Therefore, Blogging would be a means for me to coordinate my thoughts, learn new skills and habits, brand myself and contribute some knowledge to the world, God willing.

What would you find on this blog?

  1. An honest peek into the mind of a future billionaire/philanthropist.
  2. My journey to and with Jesus Christ
  3. Bible study
  4. Skincare and all things beauty-related 
  5. My Career achievements! (I am a lawyer by the way)
Thank you for your precious time and please do keep safe! Au Revoir!


Comments